Monday, December 19, 2011

Pinstriped Rose






If my heart was a rose,

It would be black

and it’s stem would only have thorns,



I’m discovered because I’m withdrawn

So...mystery keeps you intrigued?



If I told you my darkness

Will you stand close or leave?



To be Honest,

Your presence streams veins of red and pink through my black petals,

Helping me shed my thorns to grow leafs,



So what’s your plan?

Are you going to nourish me correctly—

Or drown the plant?



Because as independent as I may be,

My hearts something I leave astray,



You investigate my eyes

Unravelling what I might be holding back from the world to see...

STOP TRYING TO FIGURE ME OUT!

I’ll just grow another layer of thorns,



When you look at me

What do you see?



Do you see the girl I could be with you

Or the secrets I’ve locked away?



Mystery comes with a consequence,

You never know who to trust and who will just go away

So like the black rose

I’m withering,

Dying,

Unable to figure out who is under disguise

And who is here to help me recognize all the endless possibilities...



Sincerely,

So Broken.

No comments: